Excuse the grubby marks! Had been paddling on the river 🙂
In summary the new 12’6 board has:
– Very square boxy rails all the way up the board (helps glide in flat but can tend to catch in swell conditions)
– More consistent volume throughout the board
– A lower profile nose (will help in side winds)
– Different fin shape & placement (makes turning a lot easier round bouys)
– Much more stability (better suited to those with less balance or more weight)
– Strap points for carrying gear on the nose
This board will be a popular 12’6 race board! It’s got really improved stability (something the Surf Race was criticised for). It’s super easy to turn with the different fin/placement, wider tail. For me I’m not sure it’s quite as fast in downwind conditions, based only on the tendency if you’re tired to catch a rail occasionally. I didn’t get to GPS it in the flat as the weather was shocking when I had the board but from a report I had form a fellow team rider it was pretty quick & easy to get maximum power down due to the extra stability.
For anyone starting up racing, or wants something they can tour rivers & lakes easily as well as enter the odd race then this will be the board for you!
Get your’s now, the boys at SUPStore have them in stock & for demo! It also comes in a slightly wider 29.5 & the plain AST finish with no deck pad for budget price.