Some of you may know I basically don’t drink these days, body a temple and all that 🙂 but my absolute favourite drink has to be the classic Mojito. The problem is just one good one these days & I’m wrecked!
So I thought I’d make use of my last carton of Chi coconut water to make a special cocktail especially as tonight was ‘date night’!
Introducing the amazingly refreshing, healthy Chi-jito © [chee-he-toe]
What you need for the Chi-jito
1x 1 litre carton of chi coconut water [BUY HERE: Chi 100% Pure Coconut Water 1 Litre (Pack of 12)]
1x fresh organic lime
1 x good handful of fresh mint (from my dads allotment!)
1x handful of organic desiccated coconut
Smidge of organic honey
A bag of ice
2 x cocktail glasses of your choice
1 x cocktail shaker
How to assemble the Chi-jito
- Add a touch of honey round the rim of the glasses & dip them into the dessicated cocnut
- Fill a blender with a few handfuls of ice & blend until small chunks
- Fill cocktail shaker glass with the crushed ice & top up with Chi Coconut water
- Smash a few fresh tender mint leaves in your hands (clap them together & twist) & throw into cocktail shaker glass
- Shake baby shake!
- Put a few most smashed sprigs of mint in the bottom of the cocktail glasses
- Fill cocktail glasses with more crushed ice & pour over the now chilled Chi/Ice mix from the shaker.
- Load it right up with a small mountain of ice to allow for a bit of meltage
- Dress the glass with a sprig of mint, a slice of lime & squeeze a chunk of lime over the top of the drink
Blend some fresh fruit (berries) into a purée & drizzle over the top for added colour & flavour, dress with a slice of whatever berry you use.
Add a squeeze of honey if you have a sweet tooth when you shake the mix, or squeeze over the top